Search

The "Must Have Skill" for any job in IT

Updated: Aug 29, 2019

Having spent more than two decades in IT recruitment, it has been fascinating to watch the evolution of the hiring process. Twenty years ago, tech hires didn't need "Emotional Intelligence", they just needed tech skills. Nowadays, our stats are showing the right tech match counts for 25% of all offers, while the remaining 75% of offers go to the right personality match with some degree of tech skills.


You can get away with missing a few needed tech skills, but there are very few jobs in IT for non-team players. The ability to collaborate, share your knowledge, willingness to learn from others and to be receptive to new ideas is vital in the contemporary job market.

Almost all our clients will say they are Agile in their approach to delivering IT projects. The UK market often refers to this approach as "Servant Leadership" but the concept is the same - working with others is vital. Teams are usually between 6 to 9 based on the premise that those minds together are far more powerful than one mind on its own.


As Joe Baguley from TechCentral states so eloquently, technology is an enabler of innovation, but it is people that will close the gap between tech and humans. The key skills of the future are the ability to communicate, empathy, ability to listen and comprehend what clients and colleagues are saying, and then on an advanced level, the ability to problem solve and identify the correct or best possible solution. These communication skills are a vital gateway to securing and getting promoted to your perfect job.


As always, we are here to support your career as best we can. By all means, contact us if we can help in any way.

48 views

YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE

POPULAR SEARCHES

© Parvana Strategic Sourcing (PTY) Ltd. all rights reserved. Reg No: 2006 / 009124 / 07 | VAT No: 4620233207 | Whatsapp | Newsletter  | PrivacyBEE Affidavit